Thursday, July 21, 2011

Sewing , sewing on a hot day


We are having a heat wave.
Time to stay in where it is cool. My sewing studio is in the lower level.
So it is just the right temp for sewing.
My grandaughter came by for a visit for the day and we decided that it was time for her to try her hand at sewing.
So Nana made a template out of tissue and we proceeded to make the top for a sundress. She sewed a little on my featherweight but I think she was scared of the speed. So nana took over. She is going to be 8 yrs at the end of the month.
I don't have yardage in fun material for a sundress so we improvised with quilting fabric.
Here' s the dress completed.
How do you keep cool?


until next time,


Linda

2 comments:

  1. Looks cute Linda and you are so lucky to have your granddaughter nearby to do things like that with. My granddaughter came up on her Spring Break and we worked in the sewing room for the whole week but I have to wait another year to be able to do that again.
    Enjoy her while you can!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We saw about the heatwave on TV here. It must be very hot there . That looks like a lovely dress and your granddaughters hair is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete