Sunday, August 14, 2011

Bee Pillow

Oh My! Oh My! Oh My! You will never guess.

Ok Ok I must start at the beginning. While surfing the net and reading all my beautiful followers and those the I follow I saw this cute Bee Pillow sitting in the most comfortable chair at Between Naps on the Porch Her home office reno here.

I was actually looking at the chair and the BEE PILLOW said what about me. So I googled Bee pillow and up came Ballards. Hmm only in the states. As you know I live in Canada. So by the time you add in the shipping it becomes too costly.

Oh well. Then I visited Three Pixie Lane, her kitchen hereLinkAnother BEE PILLOW IT CAN"T BEEEEE. So next I went to Source Collection where this pillow can be purchased and again only in the states.
Don't get me wrong, I order from the states. Then I happen to read an older post going back to Oct 2010 and ****** Here is the pillow by Lindy here.

Horray!!

So I followed her instructions to a teee. I copied the pattern on to transfer paper
then used graphite paper to copy on Linen Burlap. I proceeded to paint. I have a container full of crafts for when the grandkids come over.
Here it is painted.

Then I proceeded to make the cording. I chose blue and white ticking. Yikes my bobbin ran out. Oh well I will fill up two more and proceed.
The back is made of muslin. So here is the pillow my BEE PILLOW in the guest room.
What do you think. Didn't it turn out great. A Big thank you to Lindy.
You must go check out her blog here.

I'm linking today with
Met Monday BNOAP
Cherished Treasures
Dittle Dattle Amaze Me Monday

19 comments:

  1. It really did! I love the different techniques people are using with fabrics and working it into quilting. Have you tried the coloring on fabric? I have a pattern and will start as soon as I finish a few more projects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love, love, love your bee pillow. Excellent. The only problem I see is that I want one and anticipate that you are going to be hounded with orders! Gosh, your Bee pillow is so cute. Did I say I LOVE it?

    Great job!

    SewCalGal
    www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. amazingly striking & that ticking is perrfect! YOu are so talented with a brush and paint (and please, don't say the picture was there because it's the painting that made it come alive!!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is beautiful, really love that piece, I will have to go check out her blog.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love your bee pillow! I think it looks even better than some you mentioned! You could sell them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is a beautiful pillow. Job well done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh goodness! Great job! Now I need to do one for my niece who has a French theme going on in her bedroom!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great project and NO SHIPPING! I've got this on my list of things to do too and your project is a great inspiration. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful! Your painting is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love it!!!! You did an outstanding job on the painting and that ticking really sets everything off!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love love love your bee pillow. What talent you have. I got one earlier in the Spring for the bench outside the shop door. hugs ~lynne~

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, my GOSH!!! That is BEE-U-TI-FUL!!!


    Would you be so kind to leave a comment on my BLOG ONLY (no emails) thru the 18th, for the Miracle Makeover fund drive. Charlie, 8 yr. old, & his story are fabulous. Every comment brings us a $1 for the next person that will be sponsored.

    Have a beautiful weekend.
    Hugs,
    TTFN ~
    Marydon
    blushingrosetoo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is just gorgeous. You did a great job on the painting. I was in Marshall's yesterday and almost bought a Bee pillow, was going to buy it and kept picking it up and putting it down. It was nothing compared to this. Your pillow is so much nicer than many that I've seen.
    Marianne :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great job Linda!! Love pillows like this.
    Hope to see you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the technique you used... I need to go back and read it again. Great possibilities with all sorts of imaginative ..... well, you know
    Hugs from Mary

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your pillow is gorgeous!!! Your work is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. the pillow turned out beautiful...I love the ticking, it really completes it...I would have never thought to make a bee pillow...well guess what, I am heading over to Lindy's blog...thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is really beautiful!! I just can't get over well you painted it and did the little details of the trim and leaves to make is pop perfectly.

    ReplyDelete