Tuesday, June 22, 2010

What have I been doing....

Wow I can't believe how time flys by.
Well I have not been in the mood to sew/quilt, the weather has been amazing. Worked in the gardens. Planted vegs. amoungst my flowers.
Next year I plan on having a veg garden on its own.

I have done a little x-stitching in the evenings. Maybe half way there with my pattern.


We have been out on the weekends antiquing with our friends and their antique vehicles. Here our 49 ford p/u truck and our friends mustang, as well a our 49 meteor.


Here are some of my finds.
A weathervane that I know will look great on the top of our new shed,
dishes for our hutch. I found this blue Meakin jug that is the same as the pink one I already have. Now to find the brown one that matches. I Need to focus on the red and white transferware and A beautiful old pudding bowl.
Here it all is displayed on my new hutch.

Need to be on the hunt for more furniture to paint.......

Last weekend we spent with friends and family at our sons to celebrate our grandson and grandaughters (cousins) grade 8 graduation.

The weather was on our side. Everyone had a great time. Monday was the actual grad and our grandson won athelete of the year. He is a strapping young lad at 5 ft 10 in . He loves sports and is a pitcher on a all star ball team. Look out Blue Jays, upcoming pitcher here. And our grandaughter won three awards(pins)in honour of achievement in Arts, Academic, Reading. She was part of a group of students that went to a camp for art /theatre for nine days. Very talented young artist. Runs in the family....lol

I hope you enjoyed your weekend.
See you soon........
Linda

5 comments:

  1. Wonderful photos my dear friend. Happy Quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to read that you are enjoying the lovely weather. What fantastic buys you found! Your grand children are charming. Cheers, Ann :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's good to hear that someone is having good weather - ours has been so steamy. You found some wonderful goodies - just love those plates. And wonderful picture of your grandchildren!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh haven't you been having fun. Shopping and family..great combination..lol. The kids look great. They sure grow up fast don't they!!
    Love your red truck, bet you have some fun tours in it.
    Got our hay in so we have been busy at the barn. Still no sewing but lots of other things taken care of.
    Enjoy..Judi B.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely finds at the antique stores. Great cars too. My first car was a 65 mustang.
    Enjoy your summer!

    ReplyDelete