Friday, December 23, 2011

JUST IN THE NICK OF TIME.

Sewing frantically to get these two pillows done.
I had seen them on the CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT, and I knew I had to have them.
Here is my inspiration  from BALLARD DESIGNS.   Now that looks super easy.
I had all the fabric , so I  went to my sewing studio and began to cut a finished 16 x 16 pillow.
Added the JOYEUX NOEL first with my iron on transfer then on went the tree. I used Jute for the trunk and a red ribbon bow for the top.
  Here is mine.
I THINK IT TURNED OUT GREAT FOR A FRACTION OF THE COST.  Mine O,
BALLARD DESIGNS 39.99. ,

Now I'm not done yet,  PB had a poinsettia pillow on line for 37.77 , made with burlap linen and felt.

You know where I'm going with this don't you.
Cut my burlap linen to size, cut out poinsettia leaves , adhered them to the fabric with my glue gun, added
the bells for the center, stitched the two together and stuffed it with poly fill..
This cute little pillow cost me O. Just my time.

Not finished yet..On to another project. I had these stars that I made years ago for a craft sale.
I printed off some sheet music  (courtesy of the graphic fairy) and went about glueing the torn pieces onto the star with Mod Podge. When the piece was still a little tacky I sprinkled on some glitter.
Here it is all finished and hanging inside a wreath.

I still am working on my snow people...I will post about them in a few days...
Until next time,
Linda

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR!

LINKING UP WITH,
SHABBY ART BOUTIQUE

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful pillows, wish I had more time, lol.
    I was thinking of making some with sleeves, so I could change them out after the holidays. Another thing for my to do, for next year.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful projects - especially the poinsettia!!! That is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such creativity! I was wondering how I could come up with some sheet music for a project. I never thought about finding some on a graphic site. Thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your pillows....they are just as pretty, if not prettier than PB's!

    Merry Christmas!

    hugs
    Sissie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the pillows! What a fun project. Your star looks wonderful too! merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Merry Christmas to you and yours, Linda and Happy Stitching in 2012.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful projects! So very Merry and Bright!!
    Merry Christmas!!!
    Hugs,
    Lola

    ReplyDelete