Saturday, March 3, 2012

Nearing the finish....


BEEN BUSY AT THE MACHINE

The quilt is on the frame....Horray.
It's been one of those months when
 your mojo doesn't want to click in.

Doing the happy dance.
My frame is a little Gracie. I can quilt up to a queen.
That's just fine for me.
Here it is waiting ..... 
I kept the batting up off the floor and covering the quilt to keep the dust off. Not really....
Mr. dh is working in the next room in his shop.
Mind you his door is always closed.
Between my sewing machine humming and his saws going
we seem to have a beat.
Another view.
I have decided to quilt  overall meandering.
Not much thinking on my part. I find it the fastest and easiest to do.
I not sure if I mentioned in the past that I do not have a longarm machine. I use my Janome up on  a platform.
I keep it there just for quilting. I use my Singer Featherwieght
to do all my sewing.
I just finished adding on the binding.
So tonight while I watch a movie I will finish it.
Enjoy your day!
until next time,
Linda

6 comments:

  1. It's always interesting to me to see how other quilters work up/finish their quilts. ;-) I can't wait to see the finished quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to get some quilts quilted, i have to free motion, so tend to drag my feet. I did see some videos and saw how others do it, so gave me some visuals to try to make it easier for me.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am seriously thinking about getting a small frame for quilting. Do you like the wood frame?? There are so many to choose from now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great set up. Great meandering. I have a terrible time always making mine to 'small'.
    Need more practice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to see it finished. The frame must work so much better than trying to handle the quilt while quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. love everything about this post... the quilt your working on, not to mention the super cute animated sewing lady! where can I download her from?
    JoAnn

    ReplyDelete