Monday, March 30, 2009

QUILT AS YOU GO PART 2
















I have cut out 48 9"squares in red for my backing and 48 9" squares of batting, then I cut 24 of the paisley material @ 9 1/2" and then cut them into triangles. I cut my strips from 1 1/2" to 2". and layed my first 2" strip of red over the triangle and stitched a 1/4" seam then pressed it out. I continue to add strips till I reach the end.
Approx. 5 strips. Once I complete all 48 then I will square them to 8 1/2".

Stay tuned for part 3.

5 comments:

  1. This looks like something I might want to try sometime! Look forward to Part 3.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Already it's looking good. What a terrific way to make a quilt. The stripes create a striking effect.

    Happy Stitching...Ann :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woo Hoo....I see progress!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Linda, good job on the quilt as you go. And it is a good use of scrap batting too.

    I deleted your blog and add it again, like you suggested. I hope my feed will update now and not just be stuck on and old posting.

    ReplyDelete