Sunday, May 17, 2009

Sunny Sunday out touring


We have been busy preparing our home for sale. Today was such a beautiful day for touring with our friends. We own the 49ford red p/u and they own the 48ford p/u. We left here around 11:00 this morning. Our first stop was a flea market and thats where I picked up the 2 gal crock and this cute wire basket. I plan on painting it Black . The Crock I will fill with flowers for my front porch.

Then we drove another hour north to another flea market where Wil picked up a back window light for our 49 Meteor car. The tail lights are so small, sometimes we wonder if other vehicles can see our brake lights. We continued on our journey to a cute little cottage town called Fenlon falls. That's where we had a terrific lunch/supper. Wil and I both had the special CABBAGE ROLLS. They were to die for. With the cabbage rolls came mashed potatoes , turnip, and cooked carrots. We continued our touring to another town called Bobcaygeon. That's where Red Rock antiques are. I came upon a chimney that I needed for my Hurricane lamp. I plan on placing it on my washstand to make it complete.
We made our way back to Fenlon Falls to Tim Hortons for coffee and a sweet. When we returned home we had put 80 miles on the trucks. It was a great day.

4 comments:

  1. Hi! Thanks for your email and your nice comments. I thought I would pop over to check on your blog. Love your vintage cars, looks like fun. Years ago we had a 1937 Olds. guess it was in 1967, had running boards but it was all we could afford then. I have a very dear friend in Fenelen Falls that I visit at least once a year. Now I am off to check out the rest of your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Old cars are fantastic! Lots of work but fantastic. Fabulous flea market finds too. Good luck with the sale of your house!...Ann :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your lovely treasures and wow, you guys have so much fun...old cars and good times!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How much did you pay for the crock? curious Where are you moving ??"??? nice pictures and love your treasures

    ReplyDelete