Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Spicy Pear Chutney


Pears, Pears and more Pears....

Fall is definetley in the air.

  So I have decided that best way to  make the most of these Pears is to make preserves.
Now this Recipe come from Jane @cottage at the crossroads.
First gather all your ingredients. Hmm looks like alot on my counter doesn't it.
Wash the 250ml canning jars. (12 1/2pint and One large Jar just in case.)
Put on  your apron and wash and core those Pears.
Add all those ingredients into a dutch oven and stir for 2 1/2 hours. You are almost there.

While the ingredients are simmering on the stove take your bottles and give them a hot bath in another dutch oven to sterilize.
Oh the anticipation... Taste test.  HMMM... GOOOD , We are now ready to pour the chutney into the hot jars and seal. Add labels . Ready for gift giving. Great for chicken, turkey, cheese and crackers........
This recipe can be found here.

While I was making chutney I also made 2 loaves of zuchini bread (recipe here) .
Won't you join me in a slice.

Be sure to let Jane know that I sent you. 

What are you preparing in your Kitchens today?

until next time,
Linda
I'm linking up with
WOW US WEDNESDAYS
ON THE MENU

2 comments:

  1. I am jealous of your bounty. I did get to eat my one head of broccoli from my garden on the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a really good looking pear tree. And your preserves look really great too.

    ReplyDelete