Friday, December 10, 2010

Christmas Shopping, Cookies, Wrapping



Up early this morning and on the road by 9:30. Picked up my daughter for a day of Christmas shopping. Today was the day to finish. FINALLY>>> All done.....
We shopped here, there and everywhere. By 4:00 pm we were done. I mean done . Our feet, backs and body just ached all over. I can remember a time when I could shop all day into the evening. NO MORE..

Well first its time to put together my hostess gifts. We go every Christmas Eve to my nieces and celebrate with my side of the family. So here's her gift. How does it look? There's a little of this and that. Can you see I put in a couple of mug rugs. Wonder if she will know what they are.

My best friend comes tomorrow for a luncheon. Here's her gift already to go. I kept the theme to snowman. She loves snowman.

Time to get baking. After 3 long hours in the kitchen I made my favourite shortbread 7 dozen. They melt in your mouth.. plus 4 doz. pecan cookies. I will pack up a few into these containers and give them to their dh's. I don't want them to feel left out..

I saw these at our dollar store. Great for appetizers. Aren't they cute.Sat. night I have my GD for a sleep over and first thing Sunday morning I think we will make this...

Well it's 10:30pm and I'm sitting here enjoying my glass of merlot. Cheers.

until next time

Linda

6 comments:

  1. You are amazing sweet lady! I've tried to start baking but keep getting sidetracked by other diversions...lol! Your cookies look so scrumptious and I loved your Dollar store platters. I love to shop at Fam. Dollar and DollarTree, they always have such sweet items.

    Deanna :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. What wonderful little gifts. And the cookies look good enough that I wish I could reach out and take one of each. Have a blessed Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a wonderful thing to do. I love all the goodies you've put together, the cookies look yummy. I'm sure you're going to have a ball with the granddaughter..my grandson comes today, hard telling what he'll want to do..lol
    hugs ~lynne~

    ReplyDelete
  4. It all looks wonderful! I love snowmen too!
    Micki

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you have had a busy week.....what lovely gifts! Yummy cookies! I want to start my baking soon now that most of my shopping is finished! Gifts for teachers has to be first on my list of goodies to make....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Busy time at your house.
    I make those pecan cookies too. Yum!
    Great gifts for your family and friends.

    ReplyDelete