Friday, December 17, 2010

DONE, DONE, DONE...

Done, done , done.... My charm quilt.

If you recall I started this charm quilt back in August. Did all the cutting into 5" charms, white and Kansas Troubles fabric. Then it sat because I fell and broke my wrist. My posting on November 25th sums it up. IS IT EVER GOING TO END ????? Well here it is completed.
If you go to Freckled Whimsy. Tutorials, Charm pack quilt along. You will see a fine selection of charm quilts. Mine is changed up a little.

The quilt should have been smaller. I made mine for a queen bed. I added to the top all those nine patch. I believe it looks amazing... It all came together. "Patience is a virtue".

All that's left to do is wrap it up for Christmas. This is going to my Son and DIL. Now on to other projects... How many days left have I got?????

until next time,
Linda

18 comments:

  1. The squares on the top part of the quilt will look good over pillows on the bed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful quilt!
    I always want mine to be larger too.
    Would like to see more patterns, come in different sizes.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous quilt, Linda - it will be a treasured
    by your son and DIL.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Linda this is absolutely gorgeous!...I'm sure your son is going to love it! Thaks for sharing ...looking forward to your next "finished"...

    Take care and God bless,

    ^A^ngel♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great completion!!! It was definitely worth the wait. I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have done an amazing job on this quilt, they are going to LOVE it!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is amazing!! You did a beautiful job. Your son and DIL will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I refuse to count...I have too many to do in the days that are left!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's beautiful, Linda. What a wonderful gift. I'm sure they will treasure it forever and always!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Brilliant. Absolutely brilliant. You did a great job.

    SewCalGal
    www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. They will love it...It is stunning!
    Micki

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lucky son and DIL you have!!! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It looks wonderful!!! What a wonderful Christmas gift!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous quilt Linda....they will surely love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. what an absolutely beautiful quilt!
    I am so sorry to hear about your broken wrist.
    Hope you are better!
    I don't know what is going on, but everywhere I look, somebody has health issues, me included.
    So I lament like you...is it ever going to end!
    It will! Your Son is a lucky guy.
    I wish you a happy and healthy New Year,
    Evi

    ReplyDelete