Well we finally did it.
Pulled apart my sewing room, and the rest of the room. This room is 18 feet by 13 feet.
We are going to make two rooms. One for dh for his woodworking/workshop and the other will be come my sewing studio.
First we had to remove all the counters that were made by the last owners for her crafts. All mdf board and on the top they applied ceramics. What a job that was.. Next we pulled up the carpet.
Under the carpet was high density foam. So you grab one end and start pulling. you think... Well guess what.. the underlay was glued down to an old floor. My dh saw red..
Why on earth would the installer glue this down when he as well had the wooden nailed base around the perimiter.
So the fun starts. ha ha. on our hands and knees we start to pull and scrap at the floor. I called a flooring company to see if there was a better way and they said no. So after two days of hard work this is the result. So today we took the day off and went to our local building supply and picked up flooring and drywall, nails wood etc. Tomorrow we are to get rain so we might as well carry on then. In the meantime I daydream as to where everything will go. Maybe my studio will look like crab apple hill. lol... take care