Thursday, January 13, 2011

WHAT A SCARE!

Last night we celebrated our grandaughters fifteenth birthday. Wow where does the time fly. She was just born yesterday...

Well we all went to a fine restaurant and then back to my sons place for cake and tea. Oh course and presents. Well that part went smoothly.

It was when she received a wii gift Lets dance.
Thats when it all started.
Come On Nana lets dance. So Up I got and did all the moves and I must say scored big... Then my heart started pounding really fast... and the coughing started. I was having an asthma attack. At first I thought it was just a tickle in my throat and a glass of water would help. Not a chance. I coughed and coughed. I went outsided hoping the cold night air would help. Not a chance. I know you should not use someone elses puffer, but at that point I had no choice. It was my daughters. I still continued to cough, so I boiled the water to have some caffene . I heard that a hot cup of java helps. At this point I would try anything. They were all so helpful and worried. I did not want to upset them. Are you OK Nana.
After getting the caffene into me I settled down long enough for the ride home. It is only a half hour drive. Once home I took some Buckleys, and that stopped the tickle. I finally relaxed and went off to bed.....

I sure was scared. That has never happened to me. I have had some asthma problems, but not to that extent.

I guess you can say that I'm a little out of shape... or leave it to the kids to dance their hearts out....

Gosh I used to love to dance . But I guess this game was a little to strenuous for this Nana.

I still have a little cough this morning, take it easy day.

until next time.

Linda

19 comments:

  1. I"m glad you are better now. I"m sure that was a scare.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness.. i hope you make a doctors appointment, just to check in with them. You put your health first, because after that, nothing else matters. Better safe than sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was scared for you, just reading about it. Asthma is nothing to take lightly. Take care of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those games can be as strenuous as the real thing, lol.
    I can't dance either, we don't realize that our bodies can't move like they used to;)

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad to hear you're feeling better this morning. I hope you get it checked out. Many thoughts for you today. hugs ~lynne~

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am glad you are okay. That coughing type of asthma is really scary. And it is weird too (exercise induced); I know, sometimes it gets me, and I am not good about carrying my inhaler, since it happens so seldom. I consider myself warned and am putting the inhaler in my purse right now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those video games can surely make us realize how out of shape we are. Glad you are okay.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You better stick to slow dancing from now on, Linda. Glad your feeling better because that must have been very frightening. I just heard recently on CBC about the coffee/caffine helping out. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh goodness Linda, take care of yourself. It's not something to play around with. My children used to have asthma, and it was so scary, for them and for me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. get to the dr. - you need to have a rescue inhaler w/in arms reach at all times!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry you had some troubles, I hope you are feeling better now! I sounds like it was a fun evening except for your dance troubles:) Be careful and take care of yourself :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow..........that's really scary. I have an inhaler that I rarely have to use, but I make sure I have it with me.

    Better get one for a backup plan.

    Take care,

    Billie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my Linda, I am glad to hear your ok but what a scare.
    No more dancing, walking the dogs...ect..ect. Time to just take it easy and have a peaceful winter.
    Will leave the Wii to the younger crowd..lol
    Chat soon..Judi B.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Are you sure it was asthma and not your heart acting up? Congestive Heart Failure will also cause coughing, shortness of breath, anxiety. I would suggest you have a cardiac workup at he very least to put your mind at rest.

    ReplyDelete
  15. So pleased that you are ok,,,,BUT,,,please go for a checkup...You will feel even better if you do,,,take care Kate xxx..PS...Welcome to the club of the Nannas whoose minds are young but their fitness levels tell the true story,,,lol xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Asthma can be scarey! Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks Linda, Asthma can be sooooooo scary I also have it and when I start coughing I know I better get my inhaler so glad your okay take care and keep that inhaler close.
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  18. I used to have asthma, so I know how scary it can be. If it is not better, go to the doctor's and just rest.
    Micki

    ReplyDelete
  19. Glad to see (by today's post) that you are going to be checked by the Dr. I have done the granddaughters Let's Dance also....boy am I ever out of shape! Take care.

    ReplyDelete