Friday, April 24, 2009

Nows the time to Hire a Gardener

What a beautiful day it was. So I took advantage of it and put on my work gloves. I started out with a winter coat on and got to work on my garden beds. After a short time I realized how warm it was and off came my coat. I cut and I raked each bed for over two hours. I stopped for It was now time for lunch. Have you ever felt a little like " raggety" when after it been a long winter. You start using parts of your body that have not used since last fall. Like cutting with a pruner , your hand starts to cramp up, but you continue, your arms start to ache because you are using the raking motion. Get back to work , before you cease up. Lunch time is over. So back I go into the trenches of the beds and cut and rake for another 3 hours. Ok I have now had enough. My arms are falling off and my hands are cramping. I still have one more large bed to clean up. Not today. No way. It can wait. Do you think that this activity will help with my weight loss? Time will tell. Happy Sowing Linda

5 comments:

  1. A nie hot shower should go some way to relieving your aches and pains. These days I tackle the gardeing a little bit at a time...Ann :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo I've been there! I try to work in smaller spurts now. But I do know, day one we just don't realize how we will pay in sore muscles later. But gosh, didn't it feel great to finally get out and enjoy the weather?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes Linda and I don't do that anymore...but DH does! Ha!!For some reason raking will get my back to screaming!! I feel my best job is supervising DH... haaa!!!
    We are to be up to 90F today!! We will plant seeds today in veggie garden. Also need to pull out my planting pots and wash up. DH and Sadie pup have gone to Windsor to a feed&seed so no telling what he will come back with other then whtat he went for... ha!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The weather is warm but dreadfully windy...too windy to work in the flower garden so I am off to go shopping. Nothing fun, just need to pick up a few items. Have a great weekend. Dianntha

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel the same way every Spring, Linda. I love to get out there after winter, but I found that I have to do it in small spurts now. I have DDD..(degenerative disk disease) in my lower back and it tells me when enough is enough. Usually no more then an hour at a time. I get so disgusted, because I used to work outside all day at a time with the usual breaks. Oh well, I am just glad that I can still do it, period! Take it easy the rest of the weekend...Hope yours is lovely like ours.

    ReplyDelete