Sunday, April 10, 2011

"SPRING" AROUND THE HOUSE

It's spring around our house.
The birds are singing and the sun has finally come out. The temps are rising.
Spring on my kitchen table. A nest
and eggs. See the birds in the background.
clip art here.
Yellow tulips
in an ironstone jug. I love using jugs instead of vases.
My white geranium
has made it through the winter and is now flowering. Isn't it beautiful.
I managed to save 15 geraniums over winter. I pull them from the garden, shake off the dirt, put them in a box, then put them in the darkest part of the basement. Then at this time of the year I take them back out, cut them down to the new growth and plant them into containers. I always find that amazing that they will go dormant and then start to grow without soil or water. .

until next time,
Linda

4 comments:

  1. The spring decorations at your house are lovely :-) Thanks for sharing them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm terrible about saving plants over winter, so your hint about geraniums are amazing to me! Thanks for a touch of spring :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. O I love spring. I am impressed you saved so many geraniums! I used to but have no place for them! Thanks for coming by!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always look wonderingly at geraniums in containers...as here, in So. California, they grow like weeds! Just a few weeks ago at work, where we have several planters-full of them, they were using big pruners to chop them back! lol
    Congrats on having so many to start with this Spring! The yellow tulips are gorgeous too!

    ReplyDelete