Sunday, June 14, 2009

Beautiful summer days.....

We awake to the sounds of the singing birds, the sun is shining bright and the calm of country living. Thats all you will hear . Nothing but the beautiful birds singing. Our gardens are starting to flourish. The lilacs have finished and the peonies are in bud. The cosmos are in bright colour. The day lillies are in bud just waiting to burst open. The grass is a lush green. AHHHHH the sounds of summer. A crow flys by my window as my fingers type, caw, caw. The large bumble bees hummmmmm, I hear a dog barking in the distance . Fergus sleeps at my feet. The grandfather clock strikes 8:45 am. I just sit back and take it all in. What a glorious day this will be. How much better can it get. Here's to block # 6 Summer.

4 comments:

  1. Very sweet...great job. Have not started this Bom yet. I love to applique, but hate the prep work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet post, and what a wonderful way to start your day! I bet your temps up there are great right now! It's supposed to be around 93 F. here today - too hot for me! But I'm staying inside, just turned on the a/c and am doing a few things around the house. Finally put my new slip cover (natural colored) on the sofa and got the new sheers on the windows. Maybe one day this week I can get the new cushions made to go in there, too. Have a wonderful week, Becky G.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's lovely - I haven't done my yet. Soon I hope. Enjoy the weather. Ann :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty basket! I just started working on mine yesterday.

    ReplyDelete