Tuesday, June 30, 2009

KIDS SAY THE CUTEST THINGS....

The other day we stopped by my daughters to let them know our news. The house is sold...Now to get started finding a new home. My expectations are high!! Who me!! So we are off tomorrow with our sales rep looking at five homes in the Kawarthas.
When we were at Jills I surprised her with the Amy Butler Bag. She just loved it. Sooo, my grandaughter comes over to me and shyly says Nana you have made two purses for mommy and..... yes dear I have... Nana could you make me a purse. What kind of a purse I ask.. Nana one that is purple with red and yellow and pink and has flowers on it. Do you want flowers in the fabric I ask. No Nana I want flowers on the front of the purse that you put on. She is so sweet. So I got to work and came up with a miniture Amy Butler Bag with purple pansies appliqued to the front and the back. I used some of the same fabric that I used on her mothers and I used purple gingham on the lining. It is 10 inches long and 8 inches wide. I'm sure that she will be tickled pink when she sees it. It's getting late so off I go. Wish me luck in house hunting...

11 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the sale of your home. That was quick!
    Your purses are darling....granddaughter will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great news indeed! I'm sure you will find a new home that meets your requirements. How sweet that your granddaughter wanted a bag. You have made such a pretty one - I think it will be just the ticket. Ann :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your granddaughter will love it, Linda. Good luck with your house hunting.

    Where in the Kawarthas are you looking? We used to have a cottage/house in Apsley many, many moons ago.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet post--I'm she will love her new bag. Have a nice day. Julie

    ReplyDelete
  5. HOW ADORABLE! What a sweet bag! Congrats on selling your home!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow how cute! Glad you sold the house - D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love Amy Butler! What a beautiful purse you made for your grand-daughter. I'm sure she'll love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely bag. Love the colours and the lining too.Congratulations on selling your home. We are trying to sell our home too but times are not so good these days. But we have time so not to worry.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a sweet granddaughter and such fun to sew this cute bag for her...will there be special things inside it too? WONDERFUL that you sold your house!! Happy happy shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fabulous bag for a little girl!
    Congratulations on the sale of your house -- and good luck on the new home hunting!

    ReplyDelete