Friday, June 19, 2009

Some Gifts, Some projects!!!!

Wow where has this week gone. We have been busy showing our home to prospective buyers. So you know the drill vacumm, dust etc. Max and Fergus are losing their winter hair. So sweep and mop everyday. I have been working on a few projects for exchange and gifts. Here is my attempt at a pincushion box. Over at Kaarens( the painted quilt) she gave a tutorial on her pincushion. First I went to our $ store and picked up a small paper mache box. I took out my folk art paints, blew off the dust. They haven't seen daylight in some time. Its funny how that paint never seems to dry out. I took a sponge brush and painted the inside of the box and the lid with terracotta. Then I took and measured the circumference 17x2 1/2 " and cut out my fabric. I used clear coat (water based) paint and applied it to my fabric. I also added fabric inside the lid as well as inside the bottom. As it was drying I went ahead and started to lay out my wool fabric. I chose Red (go figure) and drew out on freezer paper my design. I love using freezer paper on wool. You iron on the shiny side and it adheres great. Once I cut out my pieces I used a small amount of glue from my glue stick and put them in place. All my work is done with a blanket stitch. I used wool as my backing and once I had blanket stitched around 3/4 of my pincushion I took my poly stuffing and filled the pincushion. I added a small bell to the lamb with a heavy yarn and pulled it through to the back of the lid to hold in place. I as well used my glue gun in a few places. Its not going anywhere. I glued a green bias tape to the box around the top lid as well as the bottom of the box. Done.... On to my next project. A pennie purse. Just the right size for your purse. I added on a key ring so if you want to add your keys that is all you need. Put in some money or your debit card and you are all set to go. On to the next.... I have cut out the pattern for a Amy Butler bag. That will have to wait till another rainy day. HAPPY FATHERS DAY!!!!! to all you DADS out there.

7 comments:

  1. Cute stuff!!! I love the penny purse also!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks fabulous! Well done. The coin purse with keyring is a terrific idea too. I like the fabrics for the Amy Butler bag. Happy Stitching, Ann :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you have some treasures!!! The purse is adorable. Dianntha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just darling. The penny purse is just too cute. Good luck on your sale. Thanks for swinging in to say hello.... hugs ~lynne~

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super job, Linda. You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your pincushion box and the pennie purse is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete